Help....I am making a book and need to make it fewer pages

edsjr

Hello.......

I have about 30,000 rows with 4 columns to each row. I need to make another "set" next to the first........in otherwords I need to make rows 1-15 and 16-30 on the same page with 31-45 and 46-60 on the next page.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks
Ed.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I'm Lost?
You said you need to make fewer sheets?
If I understand your goal parameters, you want, from 1 to 30000, to be broken up in increments of 15 rows?
You have enough room for 64 sets of 4 per sheet. 64 * 15 = 960 rows of data per sheet.
30000 / 960 = about 32 sheets needed.
Is this what you are attempting?
Thanks,
Tom

Upvote 0
TsTom posted his reply while I was writing this, but I'll stick it in here anyway:

The "easy" way would involve using a macro.

I need some clarification. You say you have 30,000 rows on one sheet. Essentially, what you want to do is take the data from rows 1 - 30 and place a copy on the next sheet in the workbook. Then you want to take the data in rows 31-60 and place a copy on the sheet after that, and so on and so forth until you have copied every set of 60 consecutive rows to a new sheet?

So basically, you'll have a workbook with a sheet with 30,000 rows of data and then 500 sheets with 60 rows of data each on them? (That's a heck of a lot of sheets)

Upvote 0
I think I need to clarify what I want to do.......The book I am making is a price guide with 4 columns. The book has 30,000 items in it. Instead of having one document that has 30,000 lines in it I want to make it 15,000 lines. I cant simply go down to line number 14,999 and cut and paste it next to the first set because it is all in alphabetical order. It has to stay in alphabetical order so that people can look up items and find their price. Basically, rows 1-15 need to be on the left side of the printed page and then 16-30 need to be on the right side of the printed page....and then the next printed page start with row 31.

I hope this clears up what I am trying to do a little bit.

thanks
Ed.

Upvote 0
try copying it into a word document and format word document with 2 columns this will then wrap the test onto fewer pages you can then save as a text file and import it bac into excell

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back