Copying from MS Access

shades

I have run into an unusual (for me) event. If I select a table of data in MS Access 97 and copy it, then go to MS Excel 97 and paste the data, everything works.

However...

I use one Excel workbook for a working document, in which I use many macros, repeatedly. After one or macros run, then when I go back into Access, copy a table, and paste into Excel, I get a warning: "File not found!" When I click OK, then another warning appears: "Excel could not paste the document!" Yet, when I click OK, the data all appears in Excel.

Is there something wrong with Excel? Is there something I can do to get rid of the warnings, since everything seems to work fine and pastes into Excel, even though Excel claims that it couldn't paste?

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Never experienced that problem, but your may want to consider ODBC linking right to the data table in Access. (Data:Get External Data:Create New Query)...then the data pull is done right from Excel. If it sounds like this may help, let me know your email and I'll send you an MS word document that I created that walks you through the process.

Upvote 0
Thanks, wi_guy, it worked great! A real time saver.

Now, follow-on question. If I saved this spreadsheet on the server where others could have access to this information, would the query still work for someone else? That is, six other people use the data, but don't know anything about Access, so would this be their chance to view the data? (This is apart from my own additional analyses, which they don't need.)

This message was edited by shades on 2002-04-15 12:41

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back