XL 2010 Calendar control not available for userform

wilcowoods

Hi guys - I've searched the forum and none of the links or replies help with regards to Excel 2010. I have the home version without any apparent Calendar control for 2010 in addditional controls. I understand I may have to install an add-in but all the forums I visited that mentioned this referred ot previous versions of Excel.

Can anyone please help? As I said, a link to an explaination of a 2003 add-in without info on where to store or access it for 2010 probably won't advance me much as I've already checked some of these things out..

Many thanks in advance for any help! :)

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
According to this:

http://office-blog.net/post/Office-2010-Changes-in-Microsoft-Excel-2010.aspx

Calendar control (mscal.ocx) was a Microsoft Access feature that could be used in Access worksheets. Calendar control is removed in Access 2010 and is not usable for Excel 2010. Instead, users can use Date Picker or their own custom calendar controls.

Having said that version 11 seems to work for me in Excel 2010.

Upvote 0
According to this:

http://office-blog.net/post/Office-2010-Changes-in-Microsoft-Excel-2010.aspx

Calendar control (mscal.ocx) was a Microsoft Access feature that could be used in Access worksheets. Calendar control is removed in Access 2010 and is not usable for Excel 2010. Instead, users can use Date Picker or their own custom calendar controls.

Having said that version 11 seems to work for me in Excel 2010.

Thanks Andrew - I'm on 2010 home version and there is no Date picker option in additional controls. As I said I've read the posts about the options that are no longer available but I was hoping someone could point me to something I can use.

I also tried downloading a custom built thing that didn't even seem to open so no joy there! Thanks anyway - I appreciate the effort.

Upvote 0
Special instructions are needed for 64 bit versions of Windows. I have a link at home that I'll post later on today.

Upvote 0
Hullo again guys - whatever I try my computer tells me this option is not available on my machine. I have a home version of Office 2010 running on 2007. I've downloaded four different versions - custom built etc and I can't get any to work even by following instructions to the letter, or adding add ins from the developer ribbon etc or whatever else. The instructions are therefore incomplete or not appropriate for my situation!

If anyone does have step by step (without missing steps!:)) instructions that can help I'd be most grateful - if not, I am a quarter way building my own from scratch but it's pretty complex and I'm not confident I can get it to work properly - and my dates are limited. Not much to show for two days' work, but if it's functional I'll post it!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back