Using macro to copy data relating to specific date

naq_uk

Is it possible for a macro to copy and paste specific cells from one sheet onto another one if the date is the same from the first sheet? IF anyone knows PLEASE HELP!!

THANKS!!

From,
Naz

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Yeah, definitely, but could you post a little more info please about precisely how you imagine the process to work i.e.
"If cell a1 on sheet1 matches cell c27 on sheet4 then copy all of row 3 on sheet 1 to the last row on sheet6?" etc. etc.

Upvote 0
Yeah, more detail would be good especially as it may be possible to avoid VBA on this one, unless you really require it. (I tell you, I frighten myself with the amount of times I'm trying to avoid VBA these days.)

_________________<font color = green> Mark O'Brien
This message was edited by Mark O'Brien on 2002-04-15 11:47

Upvote 0
Basically I have a sheet called picking list with date in cell B12. I have another sheet called invoice where the information is recorded onto a separate sheet with a row for each invoice(including the invoice date [column c]).
What should happen is that if there are invoice records with the same date as the one in the picking list then the entire row from the invoice records should be copied onto the picking list sheet.

For example say there have been 5 entries on the invoicefor today all of the information recorded from the invoices should copy onto the picking list if the date is that of todays.

Sorry if it is confusing it is for a college project and my teacher can't help. He is new to this!! (English schooling system!!!)

Thanks 2 any1 who can help....If it makes SENSE!! If it doesn't please let me know.

Love
Naz
This message was edited by naq_uk on 2002-04-15 14:29

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back