two percentage discounts in one cell

Roni

Board Regular
i'm trying to discount a number twice in one formula.

$320,400-50% and then -57% from that.

HOW do I do this????

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Which number are you trying to discount?
$320
400??

Could you give a little more information?

If there's a value in A1, this formula should discount it twice:

=(a1*.5)*.57

Upvote 0
trying to discount $330,400 which is a NUMBER in cell G8. I need to take that number and subtract a percentage (dynamic # in Cell B8) and then subtract another percentage (dynamic # in cell H8) from that.

Upvote 0
Roni said:
trying to discount $330,400 which is a NUMBER in cell G8. I need to take that number and subtract a percentage (dynamic # in Cell B8) and then subtract another percentage (dynamic # in cell H8) from that.

=G8*B8*H8

Note: It would be quite helpful if we knew the desired result of this calculation to be sure that we're interpeting your question correctly.

Upvote 0
that's what I thought and tried, but that keeps coming out to: 89,664 when it should come out to 70,536.

Upvote 0
Is the number in cell G8 REALLY an exact percentage? Or are you just viewing it that way? Is it being rounded by your view/format on that cell?

I don't get either of those number.

I get 91314

Upvote 0
the number in G8 is a number (currency $320,400). From that number I need to subtract a percentage (which will change) that is formatted (I believe) as a percentage in cell H8, and then from that, I need to subtract another percentage (which will change) in cell B8.

Upvote 0
Roni said:
that's what I thought and tried, but that keeps coming out to: 89,664 when it should come out to 70,536.

Yeah, but what's in B8 and H8 :oops: And, keep in mind we need to know what's stored there (visible on the Formula Bar) -- not what's displayed in these cells.

Case in point -- I can get 89644 if B8 contains 0.49 and H8 contains 0.565227808673502 which when formated as 0% appears as 50% and 57%.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back