Excel 2010 Page Setup greyed out

henway

Board Regular
I have a printer installed and Ready.
I have tried changing to all different views (Normal, Page Layout, Page Break) before going to File > Print > Page Setup.
I have tried selecting one cell (and hitting esc a few times) and I have tried highlighting the entire sheet.
The worksheet isn't protected nor is it shared.

Every time I go to the Page Setup, Sheet tab, the following are all greyed out:
Print Area, Rows to Repeat at Top, Columns to Repeat at Left.
All other functionality in the Page Setup is unaffected.

Any idea of what I'm missing to be able to allow it to repeat rows at the top?

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Try

Page Layout ribbon tab|Page Setup group

Upvote 0
I had this problem with a report I've been doing every month for more than a year. Each month I make a new file and a big pivot table. I always use the Page Layout ribbon and Page Setup for this. When I went to add the rows to repeat setting on the current report it was greyed. This had never happened before with this Excel on this computer.

I combed through the Excel options without finding the setting, then opened some other Excel files and none of them were greyed. I looked again at the settings for my pivot and they weren't greyed! Apparently opening other excel files fixed this glitch. Entered my settings quick before this happens again! :)

Upvote 0
I had this problem with a report I've been doing every month for more than a year. Each month I make a new file and a big pivot table. I always use the Page Layout ribbon and Page Setup for this. When I went to add the rows to repeat setting on the current report it was greyed. This had never happened before with this Excel on this computer.

I combed through the Excel options without finding the setting, then opened some other Excel files and none of them were greyed. I looked again at the settings for my pivot and they weren't greyed! Apparently opening other excel files fixed this glitch. Entered my settings quick before this happens again! :)

I have had this problem (but only on some tabs) and spent hours trying to figure out why these options were grayed out. Spent hours searching the web, and only found the obvious solutions. I just closed the file and re-opened it, and the problem went away. I am using Excel 2013, but I have also seen this on 2010. An obvious bug in Excel.

Upvote 0
I have a printer installed and Ready.
I have tried changing to all different views (Normal, Page Layout, Page Break) before going to File > Print > Page Setup.
I have tried selecting one cell (and hitting esc a few times) and I have tried highlighting the entire sheet.
The worksheet isn't protected nor is it shared.

Every time I go to the Page Setup, Sheet tab, the following are all greyed out:
Print Area, Rows to Repeat at Top, Columns to Repeat at Left.
All other functionality in the Page Setup is unaffected.

Any idea of what I'm missing to be able to allow it to repeat rows at the top?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excel 2010 - If more than one cell is selected on a worksheet other than the one you are trying to set the print area on, the Print Area icon will be greyed out. Un-select multiple cells is all other sheets.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back