excel 2010 solver, integer constraint not working???

tony567

In range of by changing variable cells i add subject to contraint to integer (E2:E10=integer)

but the result is unexpected, E2:E10 still numbers with decimal,

It is working good in computer with excel 2007 installed only, but not in computer with excel 2007 & excel 2010 both installed.

Anything wrong?

thank you

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
In my experience (97/2000/2003/2007), Solver doesn't constrain either integers or binary values to exactly whole numbers.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem - using interger constraint on previous versions of Excel worked fine, the same file in Excel 2010 the interger constraint is not working - still get numbers with decimals - any help is appreciated, thanks

In range of by changing variable cells i add subject to contraint to integer (E2:E10=integer)

but the result is unexpected, E2:E10 still numbers with decimal,

It is working good in computer with excel 2007 installed only, but not in computer with excel 2007 & excel 2010 both installed.

Anything wrong?

thank you

Upvote 0
Hi Tony. I just hit this thread because I was looking for a solution to this exact problem. A solver model I had developed in XL2007 was no longer working in XL2010 (or at least 4.8888889 doesn't seem like an integer to me :wink:). Anyway, I figured out what had happened - in the Solver setup dialog, click the Options button and look for a checkbox that says Ignore Integer Constraints on the All Methods tab.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much!

Hi Tony. I just hit this thread because I was looking for a solution to this exact problem. A solver model I had developed in XL2007 was no longer working in XL2010 (or at least 4.8888889 doesn't seem like an integer to me :wink:). Anyway, I figured out what had happened - in the Solver setup dialog, click the Options button and look for a checkbox that says Ignore Integer Constraints on the All Methods tab.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back