Please help calculate the number of days between dates

wilkisa

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
  3. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
We have two cells with dates, formatted as mm/yyyy. We have created a VLookup to find the number of days in each month. However, they have now decided to sum the number of days between the start and end dates. What would be the best way to do it? They do not like the DAYS360 function.

Example:

Start Date: 03/2002
End Date: 07/2002

I need to know how to get it to calculate the number of days between 3/1 and 7/31, resulting in 153. These dates will change so the formula needs to be based on the two cell references.

Thanks for any help. I am leaving for the day but will check back in very early tomorrow morning.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hiya,

=(EndDate - StartDate) with the cell formated as a number should give you the raw number of days.

Adam

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-15 13:40, wilkisa wrote:
We have two cells with dates, formatted as mm/yyyy. We have created a VLookup to find the number of days in each month. However, they have now decided to sum the number of days between the start and end dates. What would be the best way to do it? They do not like the DAYS360 function.

Example:

Start Date: 03/2002
End Date: 07/2002

I need to know how to get it to calculate the number of days between 3/1 and 7/31, resulting in 153. These dates will change so the formula needs to be based on the two cell references.

Thanks for any help. I am leaving for the day but will check back in very early tomorrow morning.

Simply:

=B2-A2

where B2 > A2, that is, B2 is the latest date.

Format the formula cell as General.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back