Formatting Excel comments

rcavedo

How can I format comments both in the excell comment box and on the comment sheet at the end of the worksheet. I have low vision and usually use 14 point ariel black for my work.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
I just tried it, it saved the font size. This is with a "new" comment box, not an existing one.

For an existing comment box, go to Insert/edit comment, then right click
This message was edited by Brian from Maui on 2002-04-15 14:14

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-15 13:56, Brian from Maui wrote:
Right click in the comment box/Format comment
set your font size.
I did that. but after I changed the format in the comment box, everything reverted to the original format

Upvote 0
You're Right! It does change the font and size in the comment box itself. However my goal was to change the font on the comment sheet that prints after the worksheet.
As I said I have low vision. I use the zoom capability to read the spreadsheet on the screen. The reasion I use the heavy font and large size is for the printout size. Since I can control the fonts on the normal worksheets, it works out fine. It is just the comment sheet I am having trouble with.

Upvote 0
Click on the comment sheet. Move your mouse to the border until you get that four arrow thing. Right click, Format comment, click on colors and lines.

Upvote 0
I'm not explaining my problem properly.
When I say the "comment sheet," I mean that sheet that lists all the comments that appear on the worksheet itself. It prints only when you select "Page Setup - Sheet - Comments - At end of sheet" I can click on the tab for each worksheet but there is NO tab for the comments "At end of (Work)sheet." Everything you said applies to the comment box on the worksheet itself. I cannow select the font and size for the display within the comment box. But, none of that translates to the comment sheet print out.

By the way when I select "As displayed on sheet" No comments print out. Either on the worksheet or on a subsecquent comment sheet. I am totally confused.

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-15 13:40, rcavedo wrote:
How can I format comments both in the excell comment box and on the comment sheet at the end of the worksheet. I have low vision and usually use 14 point ariel black for my work.

Hi rcavedo:
So, we have two places where the Font Size needs to be enlarged for Comments:
1) Comment Box ... Brian has provided a solution for that .. and that works for you.
2) Comments at the end of the sheet ... You can do one of 3 things ...
a) when you are in Print|Preview and you are viewing the comments at the end of the sheet use Zoom to view the comments in a little larger size font -- this may or may not be enough
b) since there is no facility for changing the size of the font for comments at the end of the sheet, you can enlarge the font size for the entire workbook -- by FORMAT|STYLE and then increase the font size say from a default of 10 to 14 or larger
3) you can also increase the default font size that Excel will use for all your workbooks by TOOLS|OPTIONS|GENERAL|Standard Font from say a default of 10 to 14 or larger -- this will take effect after restarting EXCEL

HTH

Please post back if it works for you ... otherwise explain a little further and let us take it from there!

This message was edited by Yogi Anand on 2003-01-19 18:26

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-16 09:37, rcavedo wrote:
I'm not explaining my problem properly.
When I say the "comment sheet," I mean that sheet that lists all the comments that appear on the worksheet itself. It prints only when you select "Page Setup - Sheet - Comments - At end of sheet" I can click on the tab for each worksheet but there is NO tab for the comments "At end of (Work)sheet." Everything you said applies to the comment box on the worksheet itself. I cannow select the font and size for the display within the comment box. But, none of that translates to the comment sheet print out.

By the way when I select "As displayed on sheet" No comments print out. Either on the worksheet or on a subsecquent comment sheet. I am totally confused.

Go to Format/Style, however this changes the whole sheet and not only the comment box

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back