How to unbold Pivot Table row labels

pschommer

Using Excel 2007, nested Pivot Table rows always seem to bold all but the inner-most row label. Is there a way to unbold all row labels?

Displaying in Classic layout, tabular form, without expand/collapse buttons. Showing/Hiding subtotals doesn't seem to matter.

I don't recall older versions (pre-2007) having this "feature."

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Try this:

Click on the a cell in the row you want to change (any of the affected subtotal lines).
From the HOME tab, at the right is the EDITING section.
Under the binocular tab, called FIND AND SELECT, select SELECT OBJECTS.
This should place a thin blue line around that and all other subtotals at the same level. Make the changes you want (such as unbolding).

Upvote 0
After turning on 'Select Objects', the Font options are grayed out. No luck there.

It's also interesting that other font options will affect the outer row labels *except* for bold.

Upvote 0
Perhaps this is not what you what, but I unchecked Row Headers under Pivot Table Tools Design.

This was exactly what I wanted. I was using the default PT table style with Tabular Layout and Excel was applying a default bold font to all values under alternating row labels which could not be unbolded any way other than what you suggested. Strangely, every time I autofit the column widths of these default bold row labels, it jams up my computer's processor but unchecking Row Headers did the trick. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Thank you, @Tanner_2004! Did not even realize, based on the custom layout of the PivotTable, that the unwanted bold text was a row header. Also, it wasn't clear that just unchecking the box next to "Row Headers" in the "PivotTable Style Options" would have the effect of unbolding the text. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back