Creating Lists

Bimmer

I am attempting to create a list of names in a particular cell in an Excel spreadsheet. I want to pre-populate this cell with names that the user can select by simply clicking an arrow or something of this nature. How can I complete this task? How can I create a list that is attached to a cell that the use can scroll and select from?

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
On 2002-04-15 18:35, Bimmer wrote:
I am attempting to create a list of names in a particular cell in an Excel spreadsheet. I want to pre-populate this cell with names that the user can select by simply clicking an arrow or something of this nature. How can I complete this task? How can I create a list that is attached to a cell that the use can scroll and select from?
Hi Bimmer:
One of the ways you can do this is ...
1) let us say you want to facilitate picking up an item: Cell C1 from a list of items that are in cells A2:A9 ... Author, Bimmer, MrExcel, Create, List, Good, Better, Best
2) Click on cell C1, then DATA|VALIDATION|SETTINGS ... Allow:List; Source: = $A$2:$A$9; OK!

Now when you go to cell C1 ... you will see a drop-down arrow, when you click on that arrow, you will be able to find the list-items to pick from.

HTH!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back