Some Cells Appear Blank in Spreadsheet

thefuzzbucket

This only happens when I'm working with a large spreadsheet of about 10,000 rows and 20 or so columns. When I'm scrolling down some cells are blank yet if I click on them, the contents appears in the formula bar. I usually highlight the cells and then you can see their content.

My IT people can't figure it out.

Let me know what you think.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
If the worksheet is protected, then those cells are "hidden". Unprotect the sheet, then right-click on the cell(s) and choose Format Cells. On the Protection tab, un-check "Hidden" and click OK. Re-protect the sheet and you should see the values.

Otherwise, if the font color of the cells set to the same as the background color (white on white)? That should be an easy change.

Upvote 0
Are there any spaces in front of the text? If there are, it would push the text beyond the visible area of the cell, assuming there is additional text in the cell to the right.

but the most likely reason is the white colour text on a white background.

Upvote 0
The font is black. It has nothing to do with color. The sheet was unprotected too. I'll come across a bunch of random cells that are blank and keep scrolling down. When I scroll back up they are back. Even when I discover the blank cells, I can highlight them and then "click" and they come back.

It's really strange. Do you think graphics have anything to do with it?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back