Can't unhide rows in Excel 2007

Barry Katcher

After I hide a range of rows, I can't unhide them. I have to go the the space between the upper and lower visible rows, fidget for the "double-line" icon, and manually stretch the row to visibility. If there are ten hidden rows, I have to do this procedure for each one.

Isn't the right-click, un-hide working in Excel 2007?

Barry

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Say rows 4:9 are hidden, you can't click on row 3, drag to select row 10, then right click on the row numbers and click unhide?

Upvote 0
That's correct, MrKowz. But here's the puzzling part - I can go to another part of the sheet, hide several rows, and then un-hide them with the right click.

The only thing I can think of is that the rows that I can't unhide were hidden by a print macro that I use to print a summary. I'm going to look at that macro and see if that's the cause.

Thanks

Barry

Upvote 0
The only thing I can think of is that the rows that I can't unhide were hidden by a print macro that I use to print a summary. I'm going to look at that macro and see if that's the cause.

Are they hidden as a result of a filter?

Upvote 0
Yes, that's it! The original print summary macro had a line at the end to "ActiveSheet.ShowAllData". I had inactivated that line because I didn't want the people working on the sheet to see the confidential data in the hidden rows.

My solution was to add a simple macro that I can run, with just one line:
"ActiveSheet.ShowAllData"

Thanks for the help.

Barry

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back