Description of the problem

skywalker

Hi yogi and daleyman
thanx for replying fast i will give try explaining my problem once again.
Objective of research: to study the frequency of words occurring in different texts and the space that they occupy.
I have a excel file with 101 sheets of data.
sheet 1 is the master where all calculations are done and the remaining 100 sheets have text in them. the process in which text has been imported into excel is by opening the text files and delimiting them according to tabs, space, colon, |, comma thus each of the 100 text files have been imported into excel and put in 100 sheets. Now as the text is delimited and imported into excel each cell of the sheet in which text is there contains a single word only{i have seen to that}. The range where the text is in 100 sheets varies from sheet to sheet, in some sheets it starts from a!1:500 and in other sheets it goes upto a!1:1500 which is the maximum. thus the maximum range of the text in any sheet i have kept it as A!1:1500. Now I have chosen some 250 most commonly occuring words in english langauage and used countif functions to find out the frequency of each of those words in all the 100 sheets of text. now the problem is i want to find out staying in the master sheet the total no. of words in each sheet of text and the total bytes that they occupy{excluding characters like ,./*" and ascii}.
whew i hope it is satisfactory please send me your email so that i could send u the file if needed.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back