Macro message

Adrae

I have various workbooks that were built by somebody else. Everytime I open one of them, I am asked to enable or disable the macros. As far as I can tell though, there are no macros. I don't want to disable the message because I do actually want to know when a workbook contains macros before enabling them.

The workbooks are relatively large, as workbooks go (6M each).

How can I find out why this message box occurs?

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hit Alt+F11 to open VBA. Then look to the left for the project explorer and click around to see if there are any macros.

If there aren't any then in the project explorer look for the folder that says "Modules" and double click it. Then right click on each subfile and select "Remove..." and hit "No" to not export. Then save and reopen and you should not get the enable macros box anymore.

Upvote 0
Hi --

try in VB editor clicking on the worksheets them self in case target entry has been added if not ment, very common will repoet as macro even thou not doing a thing.. check all sheets.

Upvote 0
Some sheet have the following:

Option Explicit

Is it alright to delete this?

Upvote 0
If that is the only line of code on the sheets then, yes. If those are the only lines of code it should also get rid of the macro warning message.

Actually, if that wasn't the only line of code you could delete this anyway. It's only used to make sure programmer's declare all of their variables. But that's beside the point.

_________________<font color = green> Mark O'Brien
This message was edited by Mark O'Brien on 2002-04-16 12:21

Upvote 0
Yes delete all the data.. you clearly say NO MACROS delete the, BUT check ALL sheets..

then save and close

re open no warning as no macros should be the result...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back