all excel spreadsheets print but one

kmhart

I have a user who has one spreadsheet that everytime she prints it shows:
Excel caused an invalid page fault in module

GDI32.DLL at 017f:bff2c57d

All other spreadsheets print fine. She has a standalone printer and I also sent to a LAN printer, same result. I have uninstalled Office 97 and reinstalled. I have removed her printer and readded her printer. Tried copy and paste into a new spreadsheet. This spreadsheet prints fine for everyone else. It is an expense statement form, which doesn't have much text, but has the bold font a few formulas and many borders. Tried without all the formatting, same result. She is running windows 98. I have looked everywhere on the internet and cannot find this specific problem.

OK, I opened it from a network drive on my computer and renamed it. Even changed the type from Excel Workbook (xls) to Excel 97-2000 Workbook (xls)- even though it's the same thing. Still have same error. The printer is a hp laserjet. I think I will try installing a laserjet 3 driver and see if that works.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I did open on another pc and print to a different printer and it worked from that one OK.
PROBLEM SORTA SOLVED - She has a hp4050 directly connected and a hp2100 network printer. This doc did not print to either printer. I created a local laserjet 3 printer for lpt1 and it printed. I told her just to select that printer when she wants to print this document and she is happy with that. Sometimes the newest is not always the greatest!
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND TIME!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danger_SF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back