all excel spreadsheets print but one

kmhart

I have a user who has one spreadsheet that everytime she prints it shows:
Excel caused an invalid page fault in module

GDI32.DLL at 017f:bff2c57d

All other spreadsheets print fine. She has a standalone printer and I also sent to a LAN printer, same result. I have uninstalled Office 97 and reinstalled. I have removed her printer and readded her printer. Tried copy and paste into a new spreadsheet. This spreadsheet prints fine for everyone else. It is an expense statement form, which doesn't have much text, but has the bold font a few formulas and many borders. Tried without all the formatting, same result. She is running windows 98. I have looked everywhere on the internet and cannot find this specific problem.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
G'day,

Looks like you gave a tremendous effort.

How exactly did you copy to another spreadsheet? Did you do an editmove or copy sheet or did you highlight a range and then paste that. There is likely something very minor in that particular spreadsheet that her '98 machine is getting irked about. You may wish to try a systematic copy/paste by section approach to a new xls file to try to isolate a particular section.

Otherwise I can see you're running out of options fast. Hopefully the above will work - it might be the only thing to try before reinstalling the OS itself.

Good luck,
Adam

Upvote 0
How exactly did you copy to another spreadsheet?

select all cell on that effected sheet select any cell CRT+A now CTR+C that made the whole sheet go black ie all selected

now select new sheet and select cell A1 CTR+P

thats copied over the old sheet as is to new sheet
Try to print it now....

try these ideas posted prior also.

Did you do an editmove or copy sheet or did you highlight a range and then paste that. There is likely something very minor in that particular spreadsheet that her '98 machine is getting irked about. You may wish to try a systematic copy/paste by section approach to a new xls file to try to isolate a particular section.

Otherwise I can see you're running out of options fast. Hopefully the above will work - it might be the only thing to try before reinstalling the OS itself.

>>> DO NOT RE INSTALL THE WIN98 just like taht many other things we can try first..

Check the printe areas are OK, try another printer if on network, try to print just this sheet, print all wkbk .

lots to try before ..

also try email or use floppy send to another PC and try..

Upvote 0
Hey all,

I totally agree 100% that you should only reinstall the OS as a last resort - absolutely. Seemed like Jack thought I was taking that too lightly - totally not the case. It certainly looks like you've already done a ton of troubleshooting, so hopefully it won't come to that.

Anyone have any other ideas?
Adam

Upvote 0
Not having a go or dig, wanna see some of the email i get from guys ive never seen arab states are common, Iran yesterday trashed his PC but win98 and e97, had a virus and bust it but loading W95 in??? so i shout it out LOAD.. just so the poster hears, but good call mate,,,, last only

funny i never did solve how he emailed me??? funny world, I get more and more private emails 10-20 a day now all huys that read my posts and i get all sorts far more bizzar than open board, all mess with OP.s

and no offence ment...

Upvote 0
Previously tried everything everyone has suggested. Even reinstalled windows 98 a few months back but that was before this problem started. Tried copy/paste everyway imaginable. Any other suggestions?

Upvote 0
Ok sounds silly but save on network open on different PC and try ???

if sucessful save as different name back to network and use new file,...

let me know what happens please.

Upvote 0
be careful in drivers as thay might clash with network MIS setups and defaults..

we all know Windows local see as print A1 and newtork aramagedon see as D3556

just to keep it simple...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back