Help!!!

trust

Thank you both so much for your help - I know I'm going to sound totally thick here - but to assign the macro by going macro/record new macro?? How do I get to type in the macro as advised

Sorry - I havn't had alot of experience with macros - as I am sure that you can tell

Thanks for your help

Trust

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
From the Tools menu select Macro, then record new Macro. It will bring up a pop up screen that will prompt you for a macro name and a hot key ( a key that when you hold down the Ctrl key and hit the key you select as the hot key will run the macro) Once you do that hit "OK" and you do whatever you want recorded then press the stop record button which it provides for you.

Upvote 0
Sorry I just read your other post and saw what you are trying to do. Right click on the sheet tab and select "view code" on the left side of the screen you will see a project view of your work book right click in that section and select "insert" then select "Module". You type your macro into that module you just created you can tie your button to it when you are done just like a regular macro that has been recorded.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back