Lost Pivot table toolbar

JPL3

New to pivot tables, so, I closed the pivot table toolbar, now I can't figure out how to get it back. Been lokking for over an hour. I am sure it's someplace in there, but the new toolbars are confusing.

Thanks in advance

jpl

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Assuming you are using Excel 2007 or 2010, have you selected an area within the pivot table? That will bring up the context tab for Pivot Tables on the ribbon.

If you closed the field pane that pops up to the right, you can get that back by clicking the Field List button on the right of the Pivot Table tab on the ribbon

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply, but I am still lost, like a stranger in a strange land. I have gone through all of the headings on the top of the spreadsheet, Home - Insert -Page Layout, etc., looked on each ribbon, and cannot find what you describe - Pivot Table Tab. I see a Pivot Tools, but it's not in either Options or Design. There is also a power Pivot tab that opens a ribbon for Power Pivot. If I open The power Pivot window there is Pivot Table tab but that just creates a new Pivot Table. I also went through Options in the file tab.

Please excuse my lack of basic knowledge, but if you could be a little more explicit as to where the object is (Pivot Table Tab) I would be in you debt.

Thanks

jpl

Upvote 0
I understand your message now and the Field list is there. I want to create a calculated field and can't find that tool bar. I closed it when i was first Looking at Pivot tables and can't get it back. Sorry for the terminology gap, but I am new to excel 2010.

Thanks for you help

jpl

Upvote 0
Right click anywhere on the table, and select Show Field List i.e. the last option, Your toolbar should pop up.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeerMan23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back