Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Custom toolbar issues

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assume macro code is saved in "This Workbook" of old.xls and assigned to a button on "MyToolbar" which is attached to old.xls. I now want to give a copy of this file to someone so I open it, then SaveAs new.xls. At this point new.xls contains (a copy of) the code in "This Workbook". If I attach MyToolbar to new.xls, the macro from the toolbar button still references old.xls.

How can I truly create a copy of the file, complete with all code from "This Workbook" and all sheets, including its own attached copy of MyToolbar with button referencing macro code in the new file?

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stirring the pot in hopes this rises to the top and someone has the answer.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried attaching the code to command buttons in the workbook instead of to a toolbar?

This worked for me when I emailed multiple copies of one spreadsheeet to about 50 people at different locations around the country.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I haven't tried that. Do command buttons stay on top regardless of which sheet is selected?

Also, can someone give a 5 cent explanatioon of when you want code in "This Workbook" vs. when it would be better in a module attached to the workbook?

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying this again. How can command buttons be made to stay on top regardless of which worksheet is selected or visible? Is there a way to dock a group of command buttons similar to a toolbar? What I really want is the functionality of a custom toolbar but one that can be shared with others, with each file copy's custom toolbar buttons referring to macro code in its own file rather than pointing back to the original file.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others