Design Advice?

jgoulart

Board Regular
I am creating an invoice system, light record-keeping system that I have mostly completed and I'm wondering if I might be going at it the wrong way. I have about 600 products that I have on hidden sheets in my main file. I launch userforms from activex controls on the main invoice sheet. I store customer information and invoice history on a separate workbook that has each invoice on a single row with stock numbers, quantities, and totals with shipping, taxes and subtotals saved separately. I end up opening and resaving every time there is a customer change or invoice being filed. I plan on disabling print and save except through activex controls or userforms. Obviously I have described something very vague, but in the description that I have provided do you see any major problems that I should try to go a different way with? Should I consider making the main file an add-in? If so, where can I get some tips on converting to an add-in? What kind of limitations am I setting myself up for. I'm fairly new to excel vba but have learned enough to put most of this together although, I'm not quite sure how to test this to make it bullet-proof(well at least semi-problem free). Is there a method of testing that I might try other than just using it as a user would. I don't have any error handling written into it other than different conditional validations and such. Where can I find information on error handling techniques and what types of errors I should expect to be seeing? This board has been immensely helpful for me in learning about excel and VBA.
Thanks,

John

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi John

Well i can offer a test if that help i work in finace so my kinda gig..

And ill rip ot apart for you and report NO HOLDS BARED if you like, the ideas is to fault find, and ill offer ways to do this i have same kinda thing i help develop ...

Your call leave email and ill email to request the sheet muct be 3mb or less thou or my Paris ofice will nick it...

remove you data base and input 5 made up customers so you dtabese is safe,

Remember that a good time times people eail me there total contact list????

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back