Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Excel 97 macro question about selecting an addin from tools

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can a macro record selecting “tools” and then activation of an add-in on the “tools” menu by recording my keystrokes?

I have an add-in that is normally selected from the tools menu. I wish to select it with a macro to change some initial settings for the add-in. I have attempted to do it by “ Record New Macro” having the macro record my keystrokes. When I begin, the “stop R” box appears on my screen. I then select tools and then the add-in name at the end of the tools menu. The add-in box comes up and the “stop R” box disappears and when I view the macro later it didn’t see any of the operations starting at selection the tools menu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-04-17 12:23, chickkkk wrote:
    Can a macro record selecting “tools” and then activation of an add-in on the “tools” menu by recording my keystrokes?

I have an add-in that is normally selected from the tools menu. I wish to select it with a macro to change some initial settings for the add-in. I have attempted to do it by “ Record New Macro” having the macro record my keystrokes. When I begin, the “stop R” box appears on my screen. I then select tools and then the add-in name at the end of the tools menu. The add-in box comes up and the “stop R” box disappears and when I view the macro later it didn’t see any of the operations starting at selection the tools menu.
    What exactly do you want to do ?
    To install an addin vai code then

AddIns("Test").Installed = True
    To close it;
    Workbooks("Test.XLA").Close

To see if it is Loaded already

Set wkbTest = Workbooks("Test.xla")
    If wkbTest Is Nothing Then
    ''' If it isn't installed, try to install it.
    AddIns("Test").Installed = True
    End If

Kind Regards,
    Ivan F Moala From the City of Sails

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others