Storing changing data

caltex

How to store changing data in Excel?. For instance I need to store daily an input data in one cell. Then I need to copy the data in another cell because the next day the data is changing. At the end I need to average all data for the month. Somebody can help me. Thanks

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Hello and welcome to The Board.
I see that you have not had any replies to your post yet - perhaps it would help if you can give more information.
Looking at what you have already described, it would seem that all you have to do is use two columns - one for the date and the other for the data (you indicate that you are only using one cell each day). All you would have to do is add the new data to the bottom of the existing data in the column.

Upvote 0
To be more clear i have solved with a macro that go a new worksheet, insert one line, insert a new line in the same line, copy the content of the cell receiving the data and delete one line below the line inserted. There is any other way?

Hello and welcome to The Board.
I see that you have not had any replies to your post yet - perhaps it would help if you can give more information.
Looking at what you have already described, it would seem that all you have to do is use two columns - one for the date and the other for the data (you indicate that you are only using one cell each day). All you would have to do is add the new data to the bottom of the existing data in the column.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THMarana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back