Auto hide rows

gsizelove

Is there a way to auto hide rows in excel? For example, if the value in column N is blank the row would automatically be hidden.

If not, can you have multiple ranges of cells sorted automatically in decending order?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
You can use a change event to automatically hide rows when something happens, as well as sorting, but it might be easier to just use Auto Filter.

What happens that causes a row go be blank? Manual deletion or formula? And what is the trigger for sorting?

Upvote 0
We are using formulas to populate a financial model that reports hours worked. Each month we will update the source data that will update the hours worked for each task of the project. I would like to hide all rows that have a blank field for hours in each task. Since there are several tasks in the project, I don't think the auto filter will work since there is task headers that can not be hidden.

Upvote 0
I suppose that depends on where your task headers are. If they're repeating throughout the workbook then you're probably right. You could use a calculate event, but that can be very time consuming and take up overhead, so would it be ok with a button click?

You might want to post a shot of what you've got so that we have a better idea of how to set something up for you. Check the link beneath my sig for how to do it.

Upvote 0
My company settings don't allow me to download anything. The task headers repeat throughout the workbook. A button click would be ok. Can I send the workbook to you by email?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back