Creating My First Excel Dashboard

personia

I am an intermediate user of Excel 2010 on Windows 7. I'm very comfortable with vlookups, pivot tables and the macro recorder.

I'm interested in creating a dynamic excel dashboard with various metrics from different segments of my company that I can present to upper level managers as an analysis tool.

The biggest requirement is that the dashboard must be easy to update. What's the best way to store the data that the dashboard will pull from? Access?

I've done a little research online regarding the subject but figured I would come to this forum for some expert guidance. I'm looking for books and any other materials that will help me in this process.

Thanks!

Ian

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
To create my Dashboard I use this small ebook: Create a Dashboard using PivotTable - Roger F. Silva

https://www.amazon.com/Create-Dashboard-using-PivotTable-Excel-ebook/dp/B01EO923M0/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1486600546&sr=1-3

Good Luck :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back