Thread: Insert link into email body using VBA

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Insert link into email body using VBA

I can't find this solutions anywhere. I know how to send emails from Excel using VBA. When I get to the Body section, I want to insert a clickable link to a website, and also a clickable link to send an email (not as important as the website). Can this be done? I have found code to insert links to files, but none for website links.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Insert link into email body using VBA

You'd have to use .HTMLBody rather than .Body. Something like this would insert a link to Google with the words "click here" as the clicky:-
    Code:
        .HTMLBody = "< a href=""ht tp://www.google.com/"">click here< /a>< br>"
    I've inserted spaces after the < characters and in the middle of http to stop the forum software throwing a wobbly but you need to remove them when you use the code.
    Last edited by Ruddles; Apr 8th, 2011 at 05:46 PM.
    R.
    ---
    On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?'
    I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For an email links, something like this:-
    Code:
    .HTMLBody = "Email: < a href='mailto:Mike Chambers < mike(at)chambers.com>?Subject=Request for info&Body=Please send me some info.%0A%0AThank you.>Mike< /a>< br>"
    That includes a subject line and a bit of text in the body of the new email. You might find this useful: http://www.ianr.unl.edu/internet/mailto.html.

As before, remove the spaces after the < characters and replace (at) with the @ character.
    R.
    ---
    On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?'
    I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops - correction:-
    Code:
    .HTMLBody = "Email: < a href='mailto:Mike Chambers < mike(at)chambers.com>?Subject=Request for info&Body=Please send me some info.%0A%0AThank you.'>Mike< /a>< br>"
    R.
    ---

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thanks a lot for the help. Worked great. Really appreciate it!

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruddles View Post
    You'd have to use .HTMLBody rather than .Body. Something like this would insert a link to Google with the words "click here" as the clicky:-
    Code:
        .HTMLBody = "< a href=""ht tp://www.google.com/"">click here< /a>< br>"
    I've inserted spaces after the < characters and in the middle of http to stop the forum software throwing a wobbly but you need to remove them when you use the code.
    I can't believe how long and hard I had to look to finally find the key: ".HTMLBody".

You rock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you're probably right.

R.
    ---

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruddles View Post
    Oops - correction:-
    Code:
    .HTMLBody = "Email: < a href='mailto:Mike Chambers < mike(at)chambers.com>?Subject=Request for info&Body=Please send me some info.%0A%0AThank you.'>Mike< /a>< br>"
    Can I add two links in the vba? How can I do so? I have below code. .BodyFormat = olFormatHTML
    .HTMLBody = str_MsgBody & vbNewLine & "Flash VaR Sign-Off"
    .Importance = olImportanceHigh
    .Display I want to add one more URL here. Can I do so?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can put as many anchors in your HTML as you want- just build the string HTMLBody with the HTML for the anchors in the required place. Here's an example:-

Code:
    .HTMLBody = "You can < a href=""ht tp://www.google.com/"">click here< /a>< br>" _
    & "or you can < a href=""ht tp://www.google.com/"">click here instead< /a> - < br>" _

& "whichever you prefer.< br>< br>" _ 
    & "Email me: < a href='mailto:Ruddles <<me(at)ruddles.com&g;?Subject=Please send me some info'>clicky< br>"
    R.
    ---

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others