changes across all worksheets

seharris

Some how i changed the settings in a notebook and now when i enter data in one worksheet, the same data is entered in all the other worksheets. How did i do this? How can I get rid of it?

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
On 2002-02-24 15:37, seharris wrote:
Some how i changed the settings in a notebook and now when i enter data in one worksheet, the same data is entered in all the other worksheets. How did i do this? How can I get rid of it?

You probably grouped all the worksheets of your workbook. Give a right click on a tab of a worksheet to see whether they are grouped. if so, ungroup them.

Just a thought.

Upvote 0
i tried right clicking on the sheet tabs, but nothing about grouped worksheets is there. any other advice?

Upvote 0
maybe a silly question, but did you actually click on the sheet name itself (ie not on the sheet somewhere)? are all the sheet tabs white or is just one white and the others grey? if they are all white it should mean that the sheets are grouped, and by right clicking on the sheet tab you'll get a shortcut menu, the top item of which will be 'ungroup sheets'. if you don't get this on the menu it probably means your sheets aren't grouped but if that's the case,beyond sheet corruption or some vba code (you can see this by right clicking on the sheet tab and selecting 'view code' from the shortcut menu) which is making it behave this way i can't see why this is happening.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back