Pivot Table - Hide Rows with Zero Value

maeyks

Board Regular
Dear All,

I am using Excel's pivot table function. How will I NOT show the row values that have zero or no values at all?

Thanks!

maeyks

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
You can right click one of your fields in the row section (generally the lowest-tiered) and you can add a value filter to only show values that are >0.

Upvote 0
You can right click one of your fields in the row section (generally the lowest-tiered) and you can add a value filter to only show values that are >0.

CWatts

That was what I needed! Thank you very much!! is there such a thing as "pivot within a pivot"?

maeyks

Upvote 0
I've never heard of one if there is. :)

While the terminology may be unknown, what would this "pivot withinin a pivot" do? There may still be a way to make it happen.

Upvote 0

While the terminology may be unknown, what would this "pivot withinin a pivot" do? There may still be a way to make it happen.

well, it may be hard to explain...but here goes..
i have with me a table with the following data:
column 1: date of request
column 2: request control number
column 3: delivery date
column 4: supplier's code
column 5: supplier's name
column 6: inventory code
column 7: inventory name

the inventory code/inventory name may be used repeatedly depending on the date when it was requested.

first, i want to isolate via pivot the data based on column 2, which is the request control number, and

second, further isolate the inventory code, based on the request control number..

was i able to explain it clearly?

maeyks

Upvote 0

can i actually create a customized number series in excel? which will serve as a control number?

Upvote 0

can i actually create a customized number series in excel? which will serve as a control number?

I have another question, what if i have the following data:
Request number Item Code Item Quanity
001 1234 Water 100
001 1122 Flour 200
001 5432 Sugar 6
001 1235 Salt 2
001 1334 Yeast 5
001 1432 Margarine 22
002 1234 Water 200
002 1122 Flour 400
002 5432 Sugar 12
002 1235 Salt 4
002 1334 Yeast 10
002 1432 Margarine 44
003 1234 Water 500
003 1122 Flour 1000
003 5432 Sugar 30
003 1235 Salt 10
003 1334 Yeast 25
003 1432 Margarine 110

This is on the first tab (A). Then i will create a second tab (b). Wherein on tab B, if i will select the request number 003 and placed item code number 1334, it will return the value 25 and not 5 or 10

Or, if i will select the request number 002 and placed item code 1235, it will return the value 4 and not 10 or 2.

Can this be answered by vlookup? this is the example what i call, "vlookup, within a vlookup." hope you can help me on this.

many thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back