Data labels on graphs

Helen

Board Regular
I have created some graphs, and I want to add % data labels to each bar. The %s aren't included in the source data, as I want to show the % separately - but all I can see is how to do data labels for the data selected.

Is there any way around this? I hae tried text boxes but Excel is funny and they disappear sometimes!

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Regarding the "disappearance" of the text box. All objects are layered in Excel. If you create the graph first, then the text box, the text box will be on top of the graph. However, if after creating the text box, you re-select the graph, that action temporarily brings the graph to the front. Click outside the graph into a cell. That should then put the graph and text box back into correct sequence.

If that doesn't work, then if you don't have the drawing toolbar visible, go to VIEWS > TOOLBAR > DRAWING. It should appear in the lower left hand corner.

Then select the graph, go to DRAW > ORDER > SEND TO BACK. Click outside the graph. Now the graph will be the farthest back object. And the text box will appear in front.

Upvote 0
% and label ooption is onlt available for pies and doughnuts,

BUT

if you add a column which calculates percentages and include it in chart data, in step 3 of wizard you can go to DATA TABLE tab, and click to include a Data Table.

Result:

you can have value label at end of bars, and a chart of related percentages under (or next to) the bar chart.

Let me know if any clarification needed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back