how do i create a menu

trigger

hey
Im currently studying AVCE ICT. One of our units is a spreadsheet solution. I need to create a menu, but how?
cxan you help me at all?
thankyou
trigger

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
On 2002-04-18 06:13, trigger wrote:
hey
Im currently studying AVCE ICT. One of our units is a spreadsheet solution. I need to create a menu, but how?
cxan you help me at all?
thankyou
trigger

Could you elaborate a little, I assume you don't mean for a restaurant.
A drop down list? Combobox?

Upvote 0
I need a first screen which is a menu that allows people to click and go straight to an invoice, customer list or stock list. It also neds a print option as well. I am doing this for a drumstick supplier. I have been told the workbook must be menu driven for easy use.

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-19 08:40, trigger wrote:
I need a first screen which is a menu that allows people to click and go straight to an invoice, customer list or stock list. It also neds a print option as well. I am doing this for a drumstick supplier. I have been told the workbook must be menu driven for easy use.

With regards to an Invoice you could have a drop down list that pulls information into the rest fof the sheet usind look up. There wouldn't be the need to navigate the workbook ( bring the information to you, not you to it), this will also help in the fact the a print button would only need to be on one sheet.

Look for help on Data Validation on this site.

Upvote 0
Also, have a look through Excel help (and this site) for hyperlinks- should be easy enough to create a few internal ones to go to the various sheets in your workbook.

Upvote 0
thanks for the help
I know i have to use lookups on the actual invoice but the exam board as told me the first page must be a menu that allows you to either go to the invoice, update the customer list or update the stock list.

Upvote 0
Hi Trigger...
If you are looking to create a "Main Menu" type sheet, there are several options...
The easiest was already stated. Just use hyperlinks.
Or you can use command buttons, pictures, drawing objects, ect...
Are all of your sheets in the same workbook?
Tom

Upvote 0
It dedends on what you want the menu choices to do:

[1] If you want a choice to take you to another location (another sheet in the same workbook, or another workbook), hyperlinks are a great choice. On the Excel menu bar click INSERT, HYPERLINK, and then plug in the cell, worksheet & cell, or workbook & worksheet & cell that you want the hyperlink to take you to.

[2] If you want a choice to run a macro, just link the macro to a BUTTON from the FORMS menu bar by: [a] creating the macro, then click BUTTON on the FORMS menu bar, then [c] place your button where you want it, and [d] assign the macro you want run when you click the button. You can rename the button...just right click and Edit Text.

Hope that helps.

Dale

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back