Filtering Blank/Empty Cells

tanda

Is there a way to filter for blank or empty cells. I have data to sort in which zero is reflected as a blank/empty cell. I need to filter all cells in the column for those with contents/values that are (for example) less than three. Since zero is blank/empty, this is a problem. I would like to set the filter for <3 or and then some criteria which indicates blank/empty cells.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi
Try using the custom feature of the autofilter which gives you a whole range of options
Derek

Upvote 0
Yes, I knew that, but not what criteria to use. I have since realized that = returns blank cells.

Upvote 0
Tanda,

The criteria to use to filter for blank cells is an equal sign "=" (without the quotes).

To filter for non-blank cells, use the criteria ="<>" just as you see it here, with the equal sign and with the quotes.

Tom Urtis

Upvote 0
If you want to filter the blanks or non-blanks,I think you should go right down to the selection of filtering in the filter box.You will find it there.It should be last.
:wink:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back