Array Formula to Remove Zero Value Rows

Risk

Board Regular
I'm trying to create an array formula to remove zero value rows from a two column dataset, but thus far, I'm only able to accomplish this with a single column dataset which starts in row 1.
Code:
{=IF(SUM(IF($B$1:$B$25<>0,1,0))>=ROW(),INDEX($B$1:$B$25,SMALL(IF(($B$1:$B$25)<>0,ROW($B$1:$B$25),""),ROW())),"")}

I'd like to expand this formula to include both columns A & B. Also I think my usage of ROW() is incorrect since if I insert a row above my data set, the array skips my first value "660.75".

Below is what I'm trying to accomplish. Thanks

2W3Ed.jpg

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
try this
Code:
Sub RemoveZero()
LR = ActiveSheet.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
'filter data
    Cells.AutoFilter
    Cells.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="0"
        Range("B2:B" & LR).EntireRow.Delete
    Cells.AutoFilter
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I should have mentioned that I wanted to accomplish this without VBA. Plus simply deleting rows ruins a fixed template.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to create an array formula to remove zero value rows from a two column dataset, but thus far, I'm only able to accomplish this with a single column dataset which starts in row 1.
Code:
{=IF(SUM(IF($B$1:$B$25<>0,1,0))>=ROW(),INDEX($B$1:$B$25,SMALL(IF(($B$1:$B$25)<>0,ROW($B$1:$B$25),""),ROW())),"")}

I'd like to expand this formula to include both columns A & B. Also I think my usage of ROW() is incorrect since if I insert a row above my data set, the array skips my first value "660.75".

Below is what I'm trying to accomplish. Thanks

2W3Ed.jpg
Try...

C1, just enter:
Code:
=COUNTIF(B1:B25, ">0")

D1, control+shift+enter, not just enter, copy across, and down:
Code:
=IF(ROWS(D$1:D1)<=$C$1,INDEX(A$1:A$25,SMALL(IF($B$1:$B$25>0,
    ROW($B$1:$B$25)-ROW($B$1)+1),ROWS(D$1:D1))),"")

Upvote 0
Maybe this

Select D1 and E1
enter this array-formula
=INDEX($A$1:$B$1000,SMALL(IF($B$1:$B$1000<>0,ROW($B$1:$B$1000)),ROWS($B$1:B1)),0)
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

copy down

HTH

M.

Upvote 0
Try...

C1, just enter:
Code:
=COUNTIF(B1:B25, ">0")

D1, control+shift+enter, not just enter, copy across, and down:
Code:
=IF(ROWS(D$1:D1)<=$C$1,INDEX(A$1:A$25,SMALL(IF($B$1:$B$25>0,
    ROW($B$1:$B$25)-ROW($B$1)+1),ROWS(D$1:D1))),"")

Aladin, you never cease to amaze me. Works perfectly. I combined the two step into one

Code:
=IF(ROWS(D$1:D1)<=(COUNTIF($B$1:$B$25, ">0")),INDEX(A$1:A$25,SMALL(IF($B$1:$B$25>0,ROW($B$1:$B$25)-ROW($B$1)+1),ROWS(D$1:D1))),"")

This took you all of 10 seconds...you'd laugh if you knew how many hours I'd spent creating my original attempt....

Irony, when I posted this, I had a very strong hunch that you'd be the one to help.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
Maybe this

Select D1 and E1
enter this array-formula
=INDEX($A$1:$B$1000,SMALL(IF($B$1:$B$1000<>0,ROW($B$1:$B$1000)),ROWS($B$1:B1)),0)
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

copy down

HTH

M.

Thanks Marcelo. I'd need to add another layer to get rid of #NUM!'s, but thank you for helping.

Upvote 0
Thanks Marcelo. I'd need to add another layer to get rid of #NUM!'s, but thank you for helping.

Yes, you are right

Alladin already provided a perfect solution (as usual) but let me try

Select D1:E1
=IFERROR(INDEX($A$1:$B$1000,SMALL(IF($B$1:$B$1000<>0,ROW($B$1:$B$1000)-ROW($B$1)+1),ROWS($B$1:B1)),0),"")
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

copy down

M.

Upvote 0
Yes, you are right

Alladin already provided a perfect solution (as usual) but let me try

Select D1:E1
=IFERROR(INDEX($A$1:$B$1000,SMALL(IF($B$1:$B$1000<>0,ROW($B$1:$B$1000)-ROW($B$1)+1),ROWS($B$1:B1)),0),"")
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

copy down

M.

Marcelo, you are a gentlemen and a scholar. Thank you for this!

9SiP4.jpg

Upvote 0
Aladin, you never cease to amaze me. Works perfectly. I combined the two step into one

Code:
=IF(ROWS(D$1:D1)<=(COUNTIF($B$1:$B$25, ">0")),INDEX(A$1:A$25,SMALL(IF($B$1:$B$25>0,ROW($B$1:$B$25)-ROW($B$1)+1),ROWS(D$1:D1))),"")

This took you all of 10 seconds...you'd laugh if you knew how many hours I'd spent creating my original attempt....

Irony, when I posted this, I had a very strong hunch that you'd be the one to help.

Thanks again

You are welcome. Thanks for providing us feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back