Display formula output to a different cell, continuously

Geral

Hi. I appreciate any help I can get with how to do this. I skimmed through some related posts but I cannot get this to work. I'm working on a small excel project and if I can solve this issue, I think I can handle the rest by myself.

I'm making a simple 'formula calculator' and the formula multiplies the values of a couple cells and divides by 1000. The equation is in cell C10 where it gives the answer to the equation. What I would like is for the answer to the equation to also (or only) display in C11 (where C11 does not have any equations in it). Why? I'm setting this up so the answer to the equation is easily copyable. If there's equations in it, I always get some type of error when I paste and I have to change the paste setting so it just pastes only the numbers (a lot of work considering the number I have to do).

Also, so C11 stays up to date, (because I will be changes the values a lot) I'd like it to run continuously.

Any ideas on how I can script this? Or perhaps do this simpler, have C10 be more easily copyable?

I hope all this makes sense. If you have questions, I would be happy to answer them. I appreciate any help I receive this being my first post here.
-Geral

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
One option: use a Calculation event on the worksheet. The event macro will run every time the worksheet is recalculated and when the formula updates/recalculates, so will C11.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
Range("C11") = Range("C10")
End Sub

Alternately, you could just write code to perform the calculation and simply paste the result--not the formula--in C10.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hengshankouniuniu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back