Copy cells of one size and format as a picture to another pa

baliangn

I have a need to copy several cells to another part of the worksheet (as an image) so that the column settings don't come into play

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
view
toolbars
customise
commands
tools.......... scrolldown the options

click the camera icon and drag it to your toolbar, you should now have a camera sitting on your toolbar

now highlight your cells in question and click the camera, this will take a snapshot of those cells

now go to where you want to show them as an image, click and drag to max size

if you don't like the format (opaque-ness, lines etc etc) right-click the new image and play around with the formats

NB - may be a disadvantage, may be a bonus : this image is realtime : if your scource cells change, the image will also change, similar to a linked cell

Hope this helps,
Chris
:)

marker camera
This message was edited by Chris Davison on 2002-04-18 14:41

Upvote 0
maybe chris D will smile use the camra simple as that it will update..

OK dont tell Chris (he tought me this trick) but you can cool edit the fill so gold and all kinds of effect and size and all sorts of tricks weel cool, top trick the font size is set from original data i recall...

CAMRA .... coll stuff.. update original and BANG snap shot is amended..

I promised i would never forget to advise this one ... it works trust me

Upvote 0
hi Chris

evidence

top is you data below is my data as recored my this site

Posted: 2002-04-18 14:40
Posted: 2002-04-18 14:47

so i post 6 minutes and 1 mun to transfer you psot and mine makes 7

allowing the time you have to read and the time i have to read and the time to reply and they add i have 3 brokern fingers and can hardly read .. and typing hurts, i challenge th e6 minute delay..

i gues to type that lot i did would take me (not every one ) what 4 or 5 mins so that means im on th ebutton.. i guess i read as you posted...

remeber i posted in real time.. and most of my post is about you you mad man,,,

i wonder some times and then i say sorry....

... carry on pulling my leg mate i dont mind... copy posts i have no the time.. i have 17 email im working on some huy in Iran keeps posting/ emailing me and asking if i can crack codes?? but ive ask the file and still its not sent>>>>> odd.

Students seem to love me as well, many not posting on here again i add, but tthey seem frightened, sad that.. i do help them thou:

Do you get loads of emails???? NO NOT all the stuff i send you i add! or ill post you some live ells! to habg in the gallery

Upvote 0
Thanks guys!
I used the copy--paste picture link drill, but the camera shortcut is a much better option. Thanks for the tip!
Glenn

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kj9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back