Auto Filter

simon

Can you please let me know if I can reference other cells to the various selections I make within an autofilter drop down box. I would like to make numerous changes to my filter selections and have the selections automatically update headings, table names etc. Thanks.
This message was edited by simon on 2002-04-18 14:33

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
On 2002-04-18 14:03, simon wrote:
Can you please let me know if I can reference other cells to the various selections I make within an autofilter drop down box. Thanks.

If I understand your question -- No. Care to restate your question with more specifics?

Upvote 0
as i beleive as as i practice NO one range.... as such

FIX

suggest hidden table to combine 2 3 4 5 ranges into one, and drop down to this data table..

any good

Upvote 0
Do you mean -

1) You've autofiltered a list.
2) Choosen a field from one of the drop boxes and filtered by one of the available options.
3) And you now want to link a cell to one of the visible cells in the autofiltered list?

Yeah, you can do that. I just tried it.

Or have you lost me?

Edit: Judging by the other two responses before, it seems I have no earthly idea what the original question was. Oh, well...
This message was edited by Cosmos75 on 2002-04-18 14:27

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-18 14:03, simon wrote:
Can you please let me know if I can reference other cells to the various selections I make within an autofilter drop down box. I would like to make numerous changes to my filter selections and have the selections automatically update headings, table names etc. Thanks.
This message was edited by simon on 2002-04-18 14:33

Sounds like you need to have a look at Advanced AutoFilters. Can you provide some sample data of a simple case?
This message was edited by Mark W. on 2002-04-18 14:41

Upvote 0
try to keep in simple and not fragmant the search filter, so will be maintainable, splintering or mixing to deep will be a headace... well i would not, and would not advise...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back