Chart Curves (2 easy questions)

spaceherbie

I have a chart with dates on the x axis, and a cash value on the Y axis that is hopefully improving with time. Every day a new entry is added, so the scales for the x and y axis change slightly (and dynamically). My question is I want to plot a "goal curve" with a couple points from now to a date close to a year from now, but I don't want it to affect the scale of the graph. So a good portion of the "goal curve" would remain outside the boundaries of the visible graph, but we can see if we currently reside above or below the curve. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance, I asked another newbie question earlier and I recieved quick helpful advice incredibly quickly. Looking at other people's questions and responses, I have to say this board is great. My other question is what drives you guys to be so helpful? Just simple do-good-help-your-fellow-man mentality?

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
On 2002-04-18 16:26, spaceherbie wrote:
I have a chart with dates on the x axis, and a cash value on the Y axis that is hopefully improving with time. Every day a new entry is added, so the scales for the x and y axis change slightly (and dynamically). My question is I want to plot a "goal curve" with a couple points from now to a date close to a year from now, but I don't want it to affect the scale of the graph. So a good portion of the "goal curve" would remain outside the boundaries of the visible graph, but we can see if we currently reside above or below the curve. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance, I asked another newbie question earlier and I recieved quick helpful advice incredibly quickly. Looking at other people's questions and responses, I have to say this board is great. My other question is what drives you guys to be so helpful? Just simple do-good-help-your-fellow-man mentality?
spaceherbie,
You can format your x axis to show any range of days you want, just enter minimum and maximum as you wish. all the points beyond the maximum value will be invisible.
Eli

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back