Can comments talk?

Mike54

I am using the text to speech function and I would like to be able to select a cell and have Excel read me the inserted comment, you know the one indicated by the red corner. Can anyone tell me if this is possible please?
Mike54 (UK)

Jack in the UK,
You are right, I also have run into people who have reported problems with XP. I have not, though. I have the pre-realease for Microsoft Beta-Testers, which is the same as the retail release, only with a different Help function. (You can install the retail help utility from Microsofts developer site.) Also the satndard security updates can be added from the Office update site. I fear that the people with the problem XP versions are the ones who have failed to update the application?

I know of one person who did not update his windows system for over a year, who the installed XP, which promptly killed his system. It took a disk re-format and a re-install to get his system back.

I have noticed that a XP talking program written on my system, when taken to a different system with XP on it has a different voice to the play-back. What is even more interesting is the speed of the PC has nothing to do with the pitch of the voice. On my system the voice sounds like a robot which is nuter to slightly female, on another faster PC the same code sounds like a slow deep-base voice. I would think faster PC faster code execution, gives a higher faster pitch voice, thus a more female sound?

Live dangerously: Don't follow the herd- mentality, be true to yourself...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
good words and honest commenst from Joe Wars a guy never to point you off the mark.

Suggest my commenst over the months are spot on and Joe adds very intresting and important notes.

best read over all this feeds, and digets if your XP or gonna go XP...

My call... I asy it over and over and over PIRATE software is useless and suggest FULL DSP products licenced and then PATCH and keep upto date

is the only way and these grumbles will be redueced and enjoyment had by many more.

betas can be o or can be a dog! but teters like Joe are important as i haver done in the pased and am doing now i have no excel at present just Win XP and test to see what heppens,,, these guys know there stuff..

Yes i have a soft spot for developers and testers... they make it so we can use!

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-19 09:45, Mark O'Brien wrote:
Thanks Joe. I'm just a poor boy with XL97 and XL2000. :cry:

XP sounds amazing! Making your computer talk and letting you change the worksheet tab colours. (I saw it on the XL XP box screenshots)

Do you still have to type text and formulae into the sheet or can XP "magic" them in. :biggrin:

PS. Every time I see you type your intials, "JSW", I keep checking to see if someone is using the username "Jet Set Willy". (do a google search for this classic game)

Thanks again.

Mark,

Actually you can use handwriting if you have graphics tablet or with a mouse for amusing results, Not quite the magic you want but certainly not that outdated typing thing either. :biggrin:

I also like the VBA style help that puts the arguements for the formula under the cell your in as you type them, no need for Ctrl+Shift+A.

Upvote 0
Sorry guys had to dash off, thanks all of you for your comments i will try some of the suggestions but I'm using XP at home and 2000 in the office so i don't think it's gonna work at work.

Upvote 0
Trust me the VB program will work on nay text, all i does is read the highlighted or what in clip...

simple as that...

works in any program or area you can highlight or assign.

good luck

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back