Likes Likes:  0

Thread: ActiveX Command Button Doesn't Click

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ActiveX Command Button Doesn't Click

I'm having a problem in a workbook with several ActiveX command buttons. I had been using the form control buttons to run macros, but the boss wanted each button to have it's own, different color. So I removed the form control buttons and created new ActiveX command buttons. I got into the button properties and set the background colors. I added the _Click code to run the macros when the user clicked the buttons.

All of the buttons were working fine. Then I saved and closed the workbook and went to lunch. Now when I open the workbook, the buttons don't work! When I click them nothing happens. They appear frozen. They don't even seem to click. No error message. Nothing.

If I right-click the button in Design Mode and select Properties, I get sheet properties not the button properties. I can't seem to locate the command button properties any longer. I still see the button name "cmdButtonGetInfo" and "=EMBED("Forms.CommandButton.1","") in the name box and formula bar. The odd thing is if I create a new button it works fine until I save and close the file. When I reopen the file none of the buttons work.

It's like the buttons are being disabled when I close or open the file. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ActiveX Command Button Doesn't Click

I think it's related to the ActiveX setting in the Trust Center. "Disable all controls without notification" is selected. And everything is grayed-out so I can't change it. Guess we'll have to settle for gray buttons...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ActiveX Command Button Doesn't Click

disregard

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others