Line Graph Problem: Remove Line Going To Zero

Cranford803

I have a graph with various information in it. One is a line graph that tracks hours used in that department per month. The problem is that when it gets to the last month, and there is not yet data for future months, the line goes down to Zero (leavin this big diagonal line that makes the data look funny). I need this line to stop on the last month there is data for. (I do not manually enter the data, it is a formula that I do not wish to delete.) I know I can manually move the data that the line is pulling to make it stop on the last month, but I have a graph for 36 different departments and that's a pain to have to manually adjust 36 graphs each month. Is there a way to tell the line to stop if there is no data? Thanks!!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
A chart won't display anything if the cell shows #NA, so you can use IF so that if the value is 0, the cell displays #NA.

Upvote 0
I have a similar problem and #N/A (via a formula resulting in function NA()) does not seem to work. My chart still has the bicycle kick stand and 0's out the remaining months.

More specifically ... I have a monthly chart (column with line overlay) that contains 12 months, but only two months of data so far. The columns behave fine, but the line chart wants to plot 0's instead of turning off when it sees the #N/A. The #N/A is via a formula resulting in NA() so it IS #N/A and not "#N/A". The Column's data beyond November are blanks instead of NA(), but they do not display anything in the out months so all's good there. But how can I turn off the chart's lines for the out months? (... in Excel 10)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back