column graphs with lines

sweetie

I need to create a graph that consists of column graphs along with 4 lines. The data will be the column graph and the lines should be a straight line indicating the the percentage factor. There are 4 different percentages (cost growth factors). There are a total of 10 columns of data. The first 2 columns are the name of the projects and work order numbers which shows down below the graph. I have 4 columns with fomulas that is the actual data and 4 columns with the percentages.

I can get the column graphs to work (with the job number and work order number under the columns), but can't get the straight lines showing the percentages. The percentages are like .030, 0.072 etc. I also seem to have trouble getting the graph range to accept all 10 columns. It also seems to leave 2 columns off the range even though it shows it has it.

thank you.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
If you create the entire chart as column type (including percentages) finish the chart and right click on the percentages columns and change chart type to line

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
I am specifying what data columns to grab for the chart and its grabbing extra data columns and don't know why (no apparent reason and incorporating them into the graph.
How do we stop it from grabbing the extra data? Also the percentages are too tiny to show up on the grap how do I click on them to change it.
thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back