This workbook has lost its VBA project, ActiveX controls and any other programmability-related features

BigJohn67

Hi. This is my first post.

Excel 2010. Spreadsheet with VBA was written in an older version of Excel (2003, I think). On my machine, the spreadsheet works fine. I'm on Windows 7. On a Vista machine, when we open the spreadsheet we get the subject error. I have Googled, and checked that VBA is installed using Office Shared Features. It is. So is the digital Certificate for VBA Projects.

But most of the buttons on the Developer Tab are greyed out. The Visual Basic and the Macros buttons are not available. But Macro Security is, and when I change macro security, it makes no difference. In the macro Settings window, I have "Disable all macro with notification" selected and "Trust access to the VBA project object model" selected.

I've tried to replicate the settings I have in Excel on my W7 machine on to the Vista Excel machine, but it makes no difference.

I've seen posts talking about Default Security policy disabling VBA, but we don't use Group Policy much, and certainly not to control Excel. I've checked on the Vista Machine's Local Security Policy window but I can't find anything relevant in there.

Finally, I've tried several xlsm spreadsheets on the Vista machine and all of them have the same problem, so its not the actual spreadsheet that is the issue.

Please can anyone advise? Is there a checklist I can work through? I've read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282847

Any pointers or guidance would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

John

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Hi Andrew, Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've seen that post you mentioned earlier in my fault finding and googling. But VBA is definitely installed on the Vista machine.
Thanks
John

Upvote 0
How do you know that? Can you write and run a macro in the Visual Basic Editor? It wouldn't do any harm to install it anyway.

Upvote 0
Hi Andrew. when I say its installed, it is showing "run from my computer" on the Office 2010 installer under Office Shared Features. But within Excel, on the developer tab of the ribbon, the Visual Basic button is greyed out, as is the "Record Macro" button, so I can't create a macro.
John

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluedbw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back