Line Graph: Multiple Lines

mouse88

Board Regular
Im looking to create a line graph to show three sets of data each on a seperate line.

The first two data types are numbers and the third is a percentage.

How can I get the data to show correctly on one chart? Im not interested in the values of each point im only interested on how the line changes.

Heres what I currently have but the percentage line sits at the bottom. Is my only option to have a seperate chart for the percentage?

2q88120.jpg

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
No you don't need a separate chart for that. Right-click on the percentage series, and from the context menu, when you select Format Data Series.. you will get an option to switch the series to a secondary axis.

Upvote 0
Im looking to create a line graph to show three sets of data each on a seperate line.

The first two data types are numbers and the third is a percentage.

How can I get the data to show correctly on one chart? Im not interested in the values of each point im only interested on how the line changes.

Heres what I currently have but the percentage line sits at the bottom. Is my only option to have a seperate chart for the percentage?
It's possible to attach your second dataset to a secondary axis. If you select it in the graph, and right click, you ought to be able to achieve this from the menu which appears. Select 'format data series' and there should be 2 radio buttons for primary axis and secondary axis.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back