Compile error in hidden module. Module 1

neo2

Hi Guys,

I am getting the above error message whenever I try to open up my spreadsheet. I am using excel 2010 currently but the sheet was created in excel 2007. How can I solve this ?

Neo

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
What happens if you hit Debug? If you don't get that option, then see if you can unprotect the VBA project and try opening it again.

Upvote 0
The debug option is not there. It does not allow me to do anything. The message says that this error commonly occurs when the code is incompatible with the version platform.

Upvote 0
I dare say either you've upgraded recently or someone has used and saved the file in a from different version of Excel than the file was created in as some of the DLL's are located in different path locations between versions.

See if these four steps help:

1. From the file in question, press Alt + F11 go into its Visual Basic Editor.
2. From the Tools menu select References
3. Scroll through the Available References listbox and untick any that start with MISSING:
4. Press Alt + Q once all of these reference errors have been unticked.

HTH

Robert

Upvote 0
Hi Robert,

I cannot get into the Visual Basic Editor. When I load the program from my memory stick the message appears. I am unable to do anything, all I get is the message. I tried the Alt F11 but nothing happens.

Thx
Neo

Upvote 0
Open the file without enabling macros i.e. click on Disable Macros (if the macro security setting is set to medium) and then try my four steps suggested above, save and close the file and try again with the macros enabled.

Upvote 0
How do i open the file without enabling macros ? Once the file is open I cannot do anything.

Thx
Neo

Upvote 0
How do i open the file without enabling macros ? Once the file is open I cannot do anything.

IN Excel 2007+ goto File-->Options-->Trust Center-->Trust Center Settings-->Macro Settings-->Disable all macros with notification. Then close and restart Excel.

Upvote 0
Hi!

I want to work on some cell protected worksheet. After going to visual basic editor in tools menu, I am unable to tick on references as its faded or not linked. Please help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back