move date by code

cblincoln43

Board Regular
I have cells H7:H12,set for code entrys from say A thru Z. More specificly "M","S","A","E","H" & "R".
What i need is if CELL H7, has an "M" entered then the date in CELL D7, WILL TRANSFER INTO CELL D17.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
On 2002-04-20 14:56, cblincoln43 wrote:
I have cells H7:H12,set for code entrys from say A thru Z. More specificly "M","S","A","E","H" & "R".
What i need is if CELL H7, has an "M" entered then the date in CELL D7, WILL TRANSFER INTO CELL D17.

If [H7] = "M" Then
[D17] = [D7]
End If

Is this what you're after ? I'm really not sure...

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-20 14:56, cblincoln43 wrote:

In D17 enter:

=IF(H7="M",D7,"")

Is this what you're looking for? If so, what happens with the rest of your "codes"?

Upvote 0
If D17 would be blank when H7 is not "M" then you can put this formula into D17 directly to show D17 blank when H7 isnot "M" and =C7 when it is "M".

=IF(H7="M",C7,"")

Upvote 0
H7:h12 will be blank untill entry. then each letter entewred will take that rows date and transfer it to the letters respective cell an in "m" into h7 will transfer d7,"the date" into it's cell or d17. each letter having its own cell to go to.

Upvote 0
Hope to clear up my needs.
I would like to enter into cells H7 thru H12 a letter from A to Z, these cells have no formula in them.
When i enter say "M" then the date for that row will transfer to the cell designated by the letter "M".
If h7 thru h12="m" then d7 (the date) will transfer to d17.. If h7 thru h12 = "s", then d12 (the date) will transfer to d20. and so on... Keep getting #value with these formulas.
I keep getting #value if i try, =if(h7:h12="m",d7:d12,"""") ???????help.
This message was edited by cblincoln43 on 2002-04-20 17:13
This message was edited by cblincoln43 on 2002-04-21 06:19

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeerMan23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back