Used Range copy Paste Values

jomili

I'm trying to do something that should be fairly simple, but I'm having trouble. What I want is to copy the Used Range from my View1 sheet and paste only the values into my View1Pivot sheet. Here's the code I'm trying to use:
Code:
'Copy the View1 Information
    UPDT.Sheets("View1").UsedRange.Value.Copy Destination:=Tool.Sheets("View1Pivot").Cells(1, 1)
If I take out "Value" then the code works just fine at copying and pasting, but how do I change it to only give me the values?
Thanks,
John

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Try

Code:
UPDT.Sheets("View1").UsedRange.Copy
Tool.Sheets("View1Pivot").Cells(1, 1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

Upvote 0
VoG,

That one works just fine. I guess there's not a way to do it as a one-liner, using the "Copy Destination:" routine?

Upvote 0
You can assign the value of one to the other as long as you size both ranges the same.

Upvote 0
How do you do that? One range (copied from) has a size, the range of the "UsedRange", but the other is a blank sheet. How do you "size" that range?

Upvote 0
Like so:
Code:
With UPDT.Sheets("View1").UsedRange
   Tool.Sheets("View1Pivot").Cells(1, 1).Resize(.Rows.Count, .Columns.Count).Value = .Value
End With

Re your reported post, we don't mark threads solved here - this isn't ExcelForum. (it's working for a start. ;))

Upvote 0
Thanks Rory,

Would the resizing type routine run faster than the copy/paste routine? It seems like it would, because it bypasses the clipboard. I'm stringing a lot of operations together, so the faster routines are very much appreciated.

Thanks for letting me know about not marking the posts 'Solved'. I'll try to remember that next time I'm here.

Thanks,
John

Upvote 0
I would suspect so, yes. Value2 would be even quicker.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjurney

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back