I'm so confused about cell references!

Status
Not open for further replies.

laxchica23

Here are the questions from the textbook that I have been using. Question #1: The sales manager wants to know the expected sales for the first quarter of 1998 if the company raises prices. If the company raises prices, the first quarter sales of '98 should increase 3% from the 4th quarter totals for '97. enter formulas using cell ref. to calculate the total sales for the 1st quarter of '98 for each item if there is a price increase.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
On 2002-04-20 15:51, laxchica23 wrote:
Here are the questions from the textbook that I have been using. Question #1: The sales manager wants to know the expected sales for the first quarter of 1998 if the company raises prices. If the company raises prices, the first quarter sales of '98 should increase 3% from the 4th quarter totals for '97. enter formulas using cell ref. to calculate the total sales for the 1st quarter of '98 for each item if there is a price increase.

Hi laxchica23:
I suggest first thing you do is layout the facets of the problem as you would do manually with pen and paper. Once you know how to do it manually, the next task would be to computerize it.
This would be the best way to learn about cell values, cell references ... relative, absolute, and mixed.
However don't let it overwhelm you ... you are the boss, and the computer is a tool at your command.
So, first figure it out on paper what formulas would be needed, and then post what specific formula you need help with.
Good Luck!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back