Email addresses in cells

Phylis Sophical

I have a column that contains email addresses. If I click on the cell, it brings up a blank email with the persons address in it. (Outlook Express).
Is there a way to block that column from executing the email thing?

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Yes there is.If you remove the Hyperlink from your Column,you will be able to browse in the column without going to the e-mail link

Upvote 0
You can remove the hyperlinks one by one by right clicking on the cell and choosing remove hyperlink from the menu.

If you have a whole column then the best way to get rid of the lot of 'em is to highlight the range and click on Format, Style and then select Normal from the list box at the top.

Regards,

Penfold

Upvote 0
You know this is sooooo much easier than trying to figure out where to find the info in a mannual. Thanks so much for the prompt responses.

Upvote 0
Just an added note here Penfold, When trying to change the whole range by using styles, it did take the blue color and line underneath out, but it still links when clicked on. Unless I did something wrong, I guess to totally deactivate them, I'll have to do the right click thing individually. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0
Good point, I hadn't really noticed as the main issue I had in the past was that it was blue and underlined!

I can't readily find a method quicker than doing it one by one, but remember to use the extremely useful "Repeat" function in Excel (either Ctrl-Y or better still, F4). That is, do it once using the right click method and then arrow down one cell, hit F4, down, F4 etc etc.

Penfold

Upvote 0
That worked Pen. Thanks. I always feel so much smarter (advanced) if I can use an F key. :)
This message was edited by Phylis Sophical on 2002-04-22 02:46

Upvote 0
Just ran across this Penny:

To create the macro, press Alt-F11 to activate the Visual Basic Editor, select Insert, Module to insert a new VBA module into your project, and then enter the following code:

Sub ZapHyperlinks()
Cells.Hyperlinks.Delete
End Sub
When you execute the ZapHyperlinks macro, all hyperlinks on the active sheet are deleted and replaced with normal text.

found this at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip031.htm
This message was edited by Phylis Sophical on 2002-04-26 21:16

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back