Heinously difficult excel problem :-(

jamesc1987

Or so I believe it is!

In column A, I have a list of every country in the world, and regions within these countries.

In row 1, I have Months, starting in September 2008, going all the way to September 2016 (96 columns).

B2:CT387 contains my data, which is sourced automatically from IBM cognos. As such, I cannot alter the structure of the worksheet.

My data shows a sales percentage for a product I am analysing, in a given country, in any particular month.

I am creating charts which show how the sales percentage changes over time (simple enough). However, the chart should only show data from september 2008 through to the current month (again very simple If the data is static)

When we move forward a month, I would like my chart to source a new column, e.g. include an extra column to the right of the original source data. Is this possible? it would be a nightmare to update every country and region automatically every month.

Please help!! :)

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Thanks Lenze,

It looks as though dynamic ranges are what I am looking for. My data starts in september 2008, and goes all the way to 2016. I would only like my charts to display september 2008 to whatever the current month is, so I assume I would use OFFSET and some kind of COUNTIF function. This is the bit I'm struggling with really, I'm a bit of an excel nube :(

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back