Automatically copy a column from one sheet to another

mwaggoner

How do I automatically move a column from one sheet to another in the same workbook? Rather than copy and paste.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Try Cut & Edit / Insert cut cells.

To automate this you'll need to provide more info about fom where, to where,, etc, etc.

HTH

Upvote 0
I'll have 7 sheets in this workbook. Each of the first 6 sheets will have a column with 100 values in it (B1-B100). As these six sheets are created, I'd like the column of 100 values from each sheet to automatically write to sheet 7. Sheet 7 then would have 6 columns, each 100 cells long. Place these columns as follows: the column from sheet 1 goes to sheet 7, cells A2-A101; the column from sheet 2 goes to sheet 7, cells B2-B101; the column from sheet 3 goes to sheet 7, cells C2-C101; the column from sheet 4 goes to sheet 7, cells D2-D101; the column from sheet 5 goes to sheet 7, cells E2-E101; and the column from sheet 6 goes to sheet 7, cells E2-E101.

I then will need to take these 6 columns of numbers (100 rows of numbers in all) and filter out any duplicate rows (I only want unique rows of numbers) I think I know how to do this filter, just don't know how to have each of the columns that are built on sheets 1-6 to automatically move to sheet 7 without manually cutting and pasteing.

Upvote 0
As the allignment of columns & cells in each of sheets 1-6 with the column in sheet 7 is consistent, why not just use formulae to reflect the values from each sheet in sheet 7?

That is:
in Sheet7!A2 enter Sheet1!A2
in Sheet7!B2 enter Sheet2!A2
in Sheet7!C2 enter Sheet3!A2
in Sheet7!D2 enter Sheet4!A2
in Sheet7!E2 enter Sheet5!A2
in Sheet7!F2 enter Sheet6!A2
Then copy that range Sheet7!A2:F2 down to A101:F101 provide the table of values required.

In this way, whenever values are entered in Sheets1-6, the values wil be automatically reflected in sheet 7.

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back