lost worksheet

GERIP

I have a spreadsheet with 25 worksheets. I had one spread sheet open and was copying formulas to another spreadsheet. Later I went back to my original spreadsheet and the worksheet was missing. I've done several things but cannot find the worksheet. I know it is out there, because the totals from the worksheet are still reflecting in my grandtotal worksheet.

What can I do to find my missing worksheet?

P.S. I have tried the unhide and the unhide is not available. I also tried to add a new worksheet and just retype the existing info, but as soon as I name the worksheet the same as the missing worksheet, I get kicked out of excel and get a Dr Norton error. So even though the unhide is not available, I know the worksheet is still out there
This message was edited by GERIP on 2002-02-25 08:07
This message was edited by GERIP on 2002-02-25 08:10

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Format-Sheet-Unhide.

If unhide is not available, there are no hidden sheets.

Upvote 0
Look under the Windows menu for Unhide... If it's present perhaps you inadvertently hid it.
This message was edited by Mark W. on 2002-02-25 07:54

Upvote 0
I know it is out there, because the totals from the worksheet are still reflecting in my grandtotal worksheet.

Highlight one of the cells that you know is still referencing this missing sheet then click on "tools" then "auditing" then "trace precendents"

this will bring up a little spreadhseet icon which points to your cell, signifying a link..... bottom left of it is a black dot : double click this dot and it will take you to "goto" with a reference to the link, click on the link so it appears in the "reference" field then hit "OK"..... it should take you to the scource, ie your missing sheet, if it's open - maybe if you get there you can figure out where it is or what's hiding it....

See if it also has an external links appearance, in which case it's been saved outside the workbook you're in....

(Trace dependants and trace precedents are sometimes handy left on as you can use them to navigate around when auditing/ checking your workbook structure)

anyhow, long shot, but hope it helps out
Chris
:)

Upvote 0
Hi

Nows not the time i go with suggests above but i ALWAYS go on and on about regula backup!

Here is such a case... please archie your work so if all lost your up and running with little loss.

Simple set save to create backup aswell

Rdgs

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back